Wednesday, October 1, 2008

What day is it??

I know, I know. It's been a while since my last blog. Did you miss us?

Needless to say, the past week and a half have been a little crazy. First, I caught this cold that is going around. Then Mark caught it. This weekend Lucas came down with it. And, I believe that Eva has now decided to join the group. She just wants to be included.

Mark and I are fully recovered and Lucas is almost completely well. He is returning to school tomorrow after missing Tuesday.

New things that we are doing...Eva is repeating almost every sound you make whether they are words or sighs or noises. Her new word that she is saying a lot is "Ok." One of the movies that we own, "Flushed Away," the characters live in London and therefore have strong accents. Well, Eva can even repeat the accent. It is very funny!

Lucas has discovered that he really likes the song "He's got the whole world in His hands." He is really starting to communicate at another level. He can be quite the little chatter box. Lucas has also become extremely protective of Eva. When he sees her doing something that she is not supposed to be doing (that is dangerous)he becomes a completely different little boy. Lucas becomes the "Big Brother."

And, he has recently decided that he is going to be Peter Pan for Halloween. Eva will be Tinkerbell.

Well, Mark is in Syracuse, NY this week - freezing. Brrr! The kids get so, so excited to see daddy. They go from 0 to 100 when he walks through the door or comes into a room. This last trip home, while Mark was at a meeting, Lucas disappeared into our closet. He was very quiet as I searched the house for him. And, then, all of a sudden, he comes strolling ever so carefully out of mommy and daddy's room. And this is what I saw...




Lucas said, "Look, mommy. I'm like daddy." So sweet!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mark needs to check Lucas' closet. It looks as though he is taken his wardrobe over, but it could be years before the fit is just right!