Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Grizwald's Vacation

Yes, that's right, we're changing our name to the Grizwalds...you know from the Vacation movies.

Well, in a nutshell, we ran a race, broke an arm, listened to "I not going to do that" for 12 days and then drove home early. All in all though, we had a good time. Didn't we?

As you know, my mom and I crossed the finish line in our 8 mile race on Saturday, Oct. 25. The next day was recovery day...boy were we tired!

And, then, on Monday, we picked Mark up from the airport. He flew a redeye from Phoenix. Later that day, Mark decided to ride his bike and meet us at the playground in the neighborhood. Before I could even get the kids in the car, here comes Mark walking his bike saying, "I just broke my arm." He's joking, right? Well, if it weren't for the wrong direction that his arm was bent, I would not have believed it.

So, off to the ER. Poor thing...he was in so much pain. But, he got through it.

Off to Palm Coast and say hello to a cold front. Chilly!

Along our travels, we have learned that Lucas is broadening his vocabulary to include phrases like, "I'm not going to do that;" "I don't want to do that;" "I don't like that;" "That makes me sad;" "That makes me sick;" "That makes my tummy sad." Try a nonstop dose of that talk for a week. Ahhh!

We ventured out the next day to the pool in the development to discover a really cute Lucas and Eva size water park. Love it! Lucas was in heaven. So, Mr. "I'm not going to do that," was so glad that mommy made him go to the pool. Yay!



And, Eva enjoyed it too.


The next day, I wanted to do the pool and the beach. Ok, mom, you're really pushing it..."I not going to the beach, it makes me sick." This is what the little man kept telling me. So, I finally convinced him to test it out and see if it really did make him sick...you be the judge.




Ok, pack it up, it's back to Orlando...oh, only after two rain delays and a sudden death playoff. What are you going to do?

The next day, Mark had to visit the orthopedic doctor to have his arm checked. Guess what? The doctor in the ER did not set his arm right...uh, oh. Not to worry, the doctor will just readjust for you, Mark...with no anesthesia. Oops!

So, when Mark got back - in severe pain - I decided to take the kids to Downtown Disney. We had a blast! We road the train - all three of us.




We checked out the amazing Lego creations...


We visited and took pictures with a few statues of our favorite characters...




We even tried on some silly hats...


And, we took our first ever trip on the monorail. Wow!


All in all, it was a great trip. And, even if we are the "Grizwalds" sometimes, we are together, so life is good no matter what is around the corner.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow,love the photos. Lucas didn't look sick - matter of fact, he looked like he and Eva were having a great time. Love the photo of the three of you in the train. Welcome back Grizwalds and thanks for sharing - wish we could have been with you.