My mommy pulled you out of the box and my eyes were opened to a new world. My feet were not quite big enough, but I just had to wear you. Who could possibly resist such a beautiful pair of little red boots? Not I.
Over time, my feet grew and I became more and more comfortable with you.
I could wear you with anything. I often found myself saying, "No, mommy, boots."
You were appropriate for all occassions...even riding the train...
I have nothing but good memories. We shared some great times together. And, people noticed you wherever I wore you. You were quite the crowd pleaser.
I don't like to admit it, but the day has arrived. My mommy has been dreading this day. And, in all honesty, so have I.
I will never forget you, my little red boots. We have been through so much together...running around the house, riding bikes, opening presents, sitting in time out...good times, good times.
I must move on though.
I hate for you to see this, but there are new boots in my life now. They too are a little big, but I need to wear something to help me get over you.
You will always have a special place in my heart and in my closet.
Goodbye for now. And, thank you!
2 comments:
I wonder where your daughter gets her shoe fetish? Hmmmm....
Eva - It is with great sadness that we hear of the devasting news. However, you may not believe this now but there will be so many little red boots in the future you will loose count. The first little "red boots" will always have a special place in your heart. Better to have had a pair of red boots and out grow them than to never have red boots at all!
Post a Comment